CHILDREN LEARN TO READ BY READING AND WRITE BY WRITING , THEREFORE I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU READ TO OR WITH YOUR YOUR CHILD EVERY DAY AND THAT YOU ENCOURAGE THEIR WRITTEN EXPRESSION!
Philosophy of Education:
- Laughter is the fastest way to join two people together and by entertaining the student it will help to bridge the gap between student and teacher.
- All children can learn and should be given every opportunity to learn.
- Being a professional, one should be sensitive to each and every child's educational, social, and economic need.
- For the young child, one must remember that play is a child's work, and that they learn through play.
- Children learn to read by reading and write by writing.
- Children's individual learning styles should be addressed in every unit of instruction.
- The role of the teacher is to act as a facilitator and be involved with student's learning.
- Children's responses to text are encouraged.
- Classrooms should be very busy workshops filled with literacy, hands on tools, experiments, discoveries, and interaction between teachers and children.
- Assessment is both formal and informal.